Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday night

Today felt like a long day.  It's not even 8pm, but I am pretty tired and cranky.  I think it might be a lack of exercise?  I've skipped my morning workout both days so far this week.  Last week's super long weekend spoiled me with being able to go to the gym in the middle of the afternoon when I was wide awake!

Work was pretty good today, but I am still trying to navigate the work scene in my new office.  It's quite the change for me.  Not only do I not know everyone; I hardly know anyone!  And there are a ton of administrative things that I still am learning about.  I struggled with an expense report today, and I still haven't gotten mapped to a printer in the office yet.  I kind of dislike the office supplies that they gave me (isn't it weird how you can become so attached to certain notebooks and pens), and the elevators are incredibly slow.  The coffee is terrible (per usual), but the lunch options are good.  And I am definitely looking forward to fresh fruit Wednesday :)

Now that the Olympics are over, I literally have no idea what to watch on television.  The only channels I've figured out in my hotel room are the various renditions of ESPN and the We channel, which is always showing some sort of Tori Spelling wedding planning show...  So on that note, I think I will go for a run!

3 comments:

  1. Finally got around to reading your blog today. Now I'm caught up! I have to say I'm so very envious of your new adventure! I think it's going to be amazing for you. And I was serious about the list of non-perishables (and add office supplies to that list) - especially now that you have an apartment (which is so totally cute!!!). It looks right out of Ikea. Are those white marble floors?

    Hugs!!
    Alecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! I will put together a wish list of non-perishables.. Brandy's got me covered on the office supplies :)

      Delete
  2. Do they really only provide certain office supplies? I order very specific things. How sad if you cant do that!

    ReplyDelete