Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Starting work

This week, I had my first day of work.  I am lucky that I had a chance to work in our Singapore office for a few weeks back in the spring, so I wasn't completely disoriented this week.  However, I still had to attend an orientation session!

Orientation had a mixed crowd of people - new joiners and secondees from all groups.  There were about 7 other secondees in our group of 15 or 20 people, and three others were Americans.  For those of us who had our first day of work (orientation is given once a month), we received our new laptops and badges.  I ended Monday night with dinner with a few American secondees and a partner from the New York office who happened to be visiting Singapore.

Secondees only had to attend the first day of orientation, so on Tuesday, I started some real work!  (Hahaha at the fact that I used an exclamation point at the end of that sentence.)  I had a good sit-down with one of my managers to just take stock, talk about expectations, and get going on some things.  I also went down to the Ministry of Manpower to apply for my Employment Pass and ID card - the most efficient government office I have ever encountered!

It is Wednesday morning now, and I'm hoping to get some administrative things done today, including (more) apartment hunting.  It is actually a public holiday tomorrow (National Day), so I have an extra long weekend coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment