Sunday, August 19, 2012

Morning run


Saturday morning, I woke up early to go for my first outdoor run in Singapore!  I took my iPhone with me to make sure that I didn't get lost and to keep track of my mileage.  I did a little over five miles and got to take in so much of the city!

Started near downtown..

Ran along the water..

Ran over the double-helix bridge.. this picture kind of doesn't do it justice.. 

At the end of the bridge.. 

And ran through the city back to Orchard Road, where my hotel is, and to Tanglin Mall.  I specifically chose Tanglin Mall as my end destination.  Melissa has told me over and over how delicious the chocolate croissants at the bakery in the basement are, but every time I have gone, they are already sold out!  So I figured that since I was up early, it was the perfect way to reward myself for a morning run.

Too bad the bakery wasn't even open yet when I got there.  I bought a bottle of water from the 7-11 and went back to my hotel.  Even though I didn't get my chocolate croissant, it was still a great run!  The temperature and humidity are still pretty bearable early in the morning.  I took it pretty slowly, but I felt great after five miles.. a good sign for my upcoming 10K!

Other weekend highlights included:
- picking up the keys to my apartment;
- a night out in Holland Village, a fun neighborhood that is popular with ex-pats; and 
- a giant lunch in Chinatown on Sunday - my friends were the only non-Asians in our restaurant :)

I'm packing up to head off to Penang and Hong Kong!!




No comments:

Post a Comment