Friday, August 3, 2012

Day one

So I had three things I wanted to get done on day one, but I only managed two.  Power adapter and bank account, done! Cell phone.. not so much :(

Friday morning, I bought an MRT card and headed over two stops to Plaza Singapura. Side note - there is a lot of tourism advertising here, as seen in the MRT station.


Represent.

Some wandering and an unsuccessful attempt at getting a phone (they said my employment pass was not enough, I also need my ID card) later, it was lunch time!  Singapore has some incredibly cheap and tasty local food. 
My first meal back in Singapore - this big bowl of noodle soup was S$4.  My afternoon latte was S$6 haha.



While I was waiting for my appointment at the bank, I did some grocery browsing. I've heard that many people in Singapore don't cook very often because it is just as cheap to go out than it is to prepare a meal at home! I am planning to do a separate post with some pictures from the grocery store. Suffice it to say that I'm missing Publix already.

Today I'm going to go look at an apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment