Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend Edition

This guy was sitting next to me in the office one afternoon this past week.


Just napping in the middle of the day.  No big deal.

The week ended with a busy Friday, which is not really how I like to roll into the weekends, but oh well.  Friday after work, I went out for dinner with a friend and called it an early night.  I've been really tired this week, so I knew that I needed some extra sleep!

View on the walk to dinner

Saturday morning, I went to yoga, and then proceeded to stay in my apartment the entire day.  It was SO hot outside!  I did a lot of damage on Game of Thrones and The West Wing, so it was all good :)  

Saturday night, we did a girls night out, which was so fun!  It is still crazy to me how basically everyone in my social circle was a complete stranger to me less than a year ago.  It's also funny to me that my go-to late night food has gone from grilled cheese sandwiches and sweet potato fries to dumplings and spring onion pancakes (I know it sounds gross, but seriously - don't knock it til you try it)!  

Here is a funny anecdote from last night.  One girl I am friends with transferred from the New Zealand office.  Before she moved over here, she had a phone interview scheduled with HR.  My friend had laryngitis, so she tried to reschedule, but HR insisted on keeping the phone interview as scheduled.  So she manages to hoarsely whisper through it and all.  But then, when she actually moved here and started work, one of the people that she interviewed with said "Have you lost a lot of weight since we interviewed you?  You sounded  fat on the phone."  #Singapore

Today has been another low-key day.. laundry, groceries, travel research, a little work, etc.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!



1 comment: