Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Almost 30

So in less than a month, I will be celebrating my 30th birthday.  Thirty.  Three Zero.  Whoa.

(Side note - I am the same age as a certain young leader of a certain country that is currently making lots of international news based on their escalated levels of rhetoric.  Crazy, right?!)

Anyways.  My birthday is coming up, and to be honest, I am really excited to be 30.  I feel like a lot of celebrity interviews (the obvious source of all stories of the human experience) talk about how women really seem to enjoy their thirties.  Like, you spend all of your twenties trying to figure things out and to live up to all these expectations you have for yourself.  And then suddenly, once you hit 30, you just kind of realize that life is exactly the way it is supposed to be, and you just really feel comfortable in your own skin.  I've definitely spent the majority of my twenties both all over the place and putting a ton of pressure on myself, to the extent that you can really do both of those things simultaneously.  Since I've moved to Singapore in my 29th year, I've definitely felt like I have started to lift a lot of burdens off of myself and let go of a lot of expectations.  I've tried harder to plan less obsessively and just take life as it comes to me - welcoming the doors that open and not trying to force open doors that are closed.  So I'm looking forward to turning 30 and continuing on in that spirit.

Deep.

Let me liven the mood with some Singapore pictures.

"This is my pencil case."  I saw this in the office today.  People write like this.  For real.

This picture is for Nadia, Andre, and Kim.

One of my team members brought Kit Kats from Japan!  Strawberry, sakura, and green tea flavored.  The green tea one was pretty tasty!

Ah - familiarity.

So, in the spirit of my last few weeks in my twenties, I feel like I should try to do some sort of list of 30 things?  I don't really know what though?  Any ideas?  A bunch of you have mentioned to me that the comments don't work on here.  I played around with the settings the other day, so give it another shot.  What are some things that I must do while I'm still in my twenties??

Hope everyone's having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment