Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 19 - I am thankful that I still get giddy over silly things.
November 20 - I am thankful for yoga.
November 21 - I am thankful for knowing my limits.
November 22 - I am thankful for the chance to celebrate the holiday with new friends.

Happy Thanksgiving friends.  I've listed some things that I'm thankful for over the past few weeks, but today, while I am thankful that I am about to go eat some turkey with new friends, I want to emphasize how thankful I am for all of you - my old friends.

A lot of times, when life changes, your friendships change.  When I moved to Nashville, I learned a lot based on how some of my relationships changed or didn't change as time went by.  Some friendships became stronger, and some friendships kind of went the other way.  Some took way more work than I anticipated, and some seemed like a breeze. I've only been in Singapore for a few months, but so far, I must say that I've been really grateful that so many of my old friends have put in the effort to keep in touch even though the distance, the time zones, and life in general can make it hard.

I have also come to realize what a really great group of friends I left behind.  Obviously, I always knew you guys were awesome, but being out here has shown me some nuances in our friendships that are incredibly unique and outstanding.  I am so thankful at how we have been able to share  milestones in our lives, how you guys have welcomed me into your families, and how you have listened to me bitch and moan about everything under the sun.  I have, at times, said that I have the best friends in the world - but I really do mean it now!

Happy Thanksgiving friends - I am thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment