Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yummy weekend

Hi friends!  It is Sunday afternoon here in Singapore.. I've got a few minutes before heading out to hot yoga, so I thought I would drop in with a quick hello.

This week went by really quickly - I think the public holiday on Tuesday was a nice way to break it up, and it made work so much more enjoyable :)  Unfortunately, the weekend has seemed to go by equally as quickly, which is not what I was hoping for!

Regardless, it has been a nice weekend.  I am in the middle of a few solid weeks in Singapore without any travel, so it has been really nice to not be rushing around everywhere in between trips!  I spent Friday evening on Club Street with some girlfriends, and then I meant to wake up early for a run on Saturday morning, but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed!  I have been incredibly tired lately, and I just can't seem to get enough sleep!  I did manage to hit the treadmill in the afternoon (after a lovely massage!), and then Saturday night, a group of us gathered to go to Chicken Up!  Chicken Up is a Korean fried chicken restaurant that offers a chicken buffet and free-flow (open bar) beer for only S$50!  What a steal :)


We tried various types of Korean fried chicken - spicy, soya, sweet and sour, popcorn, and had some truffle fries to go with it all.  The buffet was also advertised to come with a salad, so I was looking forward to having some greens after indulging in so much fried food!  (Side note - it wasn't a real buffet where you go up and get food.. basically, you just ordered what type of chicken you wanted and they just kept bringing it to you?  I don't know.)  So I asked the waitress for salad, and my friends made fun of me for being so excited for "what probably will be some terrible iceberg lettuce topped with a terrible ginger dressing".  Well, imagine our surprise when the salad came out.. and it was literally just iceberg lettuce with yellow mustard on top!  Yellow mustard!  Perhaps that is how everyone stays so thin...

Anyway.. another delicious part of my weekend.. Earlier today, I got the chance to partake in one of my favorite new indulgences - high tea!  A group of us went to the Shangri-La Hotel to check out their high tea buffet, which was absolutely delicious.  It's funny because I've come to love high tea so much, but in America, I really don't think that I could even name a place to go for high tea!


The Shangri-La featured a huge tea list - black tea, green tea, even blue tea!  They also had a great buffet of Western foods like tea sandwiches and salads, Asian dim sum, and a huge selection of dessert!  I was too busy eating the whole time, so the only picture I managed to snap was of my friend's enormous dessert plate.

So now I'm off to sweat out some of that sugar and to end my weekend on a high note.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment