Sunday, October 7, 2012

A week in Austin

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Austin, Texas is my favorite place in America.

This is not so great of a picture, but there is the capitol building in downtown!

The travel has been pretty brutal - I've basically lost four days of my life to time on airplanes and in airports.  But I did get to watch some football during my layover at LAX last Sunday afternoon, and it was totally worth the 30 hour trip to Austin to be able to spend a week in America!

Work kept me busy of course, but I did get to fit in a lot of the things I wanted to do!  I got pretty lazy about taking photos, but here are a few to give you an idea of what I was doing when I was not at work.

Lots of pumpkin spice lattes

Greek yogurt with berries and granola.. Greek yogurt and berries are both really expensive in Singapore, so I haven't had any since I left the US!  

Some essentials to take back to Singapore

These are amazing.  And the dark chocolate kind is vegan!

Breakfast taco!  (Not a very photogenic food)

Duh.

A little taste of Nashville :)

Fall favorite!!!

And of course, lots of Mexican food!

I also was able to do a couple of glorious morning runs along the (river? lake?) trail downtown, but those runs were more than offset by the amount of Halloween candy I ate!  Has anyone tried the caramel apple Milky Ways?  I recommend those.. the white chocolate candy corn M&Ms were not as big of a hit.  But of course, candy corn is always a classic!

One of my absolute favorite things in Austin is the Whole Foods in downtown.  Whole Foods is headquartered in Austin, and the downtown store is absolutely amazing.  The first time I ever went in that store was the first time I had been in a Whole Foods - I spent three hours wandering the aisles!  This past week, I probably spent a total of three hours there in total - they have an awesome selection for hot bar / prepared foods for dinner.

Seriously though, I think I went to a grocery store or Target every single day that I was in Austin haha.  My suitcase was about 20 pounds heavier on the way back than when I left Singapore!  And ironically, I didn't even get to buy everything that I wanted to!

I left Austin on Friday after work.  It is Sunday afternoon here in Singapore, and I only got back a few hours ago, so my weekend is basically gone.  Sort of sucks, but it was a trip well worth it.  I'm hoping the jet lag doesn't hit me too badly.  I've got a short week at work, but I need to get a lot of stuff done, and then I head to Australia on Thursday evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment