Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's Fall!

Yesterday was the official first day of fall, so it's officially fall!!  First of all, I absolutely love fall.  It is absolutely one of my favorite things about Nashville, and I miss it already.  Everyone on social media is talking about sweaters and football and pumpkins... and here in Singapore it is still a zillion degrees.  I did get my nails painted in my favorite shade from last fall - OPI You Don't Know Jacques.

I don't know if this color is even cool anymore, but I still love it.

I doubt I will get to wear a circle scarf or boots at all, but I'm still hoping to do some of my favorite fall-ish activities this year.  My trip to the US in a couple weeks will help me do some fall stuff - I'm definitely planning on lots of pumpkin spice lattes!  I also plan to use my entire layover at LAX to just sit and watch football :)  I'm hoping to pick up some canned pumpkin or pumpkin butter to bring back with me to Singapore.  I did spot some canned pumpkin (Libby's!) at the grocery store the other day, but it was $7 or something crazy like that... I'm also hoping to make chili one day when my stuff FINALLY arrives!

Secondly - as much as I love the fall, I find myself wondering how it is the end of September already!!  I've been here almost two months now, which is just crazy.  Some things have gotten much easier for me already, like navigating public transportation and figuring out how to carry stuff everywhere, but some things are still a bit of a challenge - I still have a hard time figuring out where places are in relation to each other.  For example, the other day I was walking near my office but couldn't figure out if I lived towards the right or the left.. in some ways I rely too much on public transportation to just get me places, so I don't pay attention to how the bus is actually getting there!  I also blame my general bad sense of direction :)

So.. weekend.  This weekend the Formula One race is in town.  It is a huge production!  The cars race at night, and tons of streets are shut down.  There are a crazy amount of people here for the race.  I went on Friday and Saturday night - it was so much fun!!

I can't figure out how to turn this picture correctly...

The cars are LOUD and FAST.  Friday was just practice rounds, and Saturday was the qualifying races.  I've never even watched F1 on television before, so knew absolutely nothing about the drivers or teams.  Some of the guys that were with us are from the UK, where F1 is much more popular, so they tried to teach a little and point out different drivers as they whizzed past us.

F1 is not ideal for iPhone pictures.  See that blurry spot in the center of the photo?  Its my only photo of a car that I managed to get haha.

In between races, there are different bands that come on various stages and play.  Last night we saw The Pretenders and Bananarama in between races, and then the post-race headliner was Maroon 5.  We stood pretty far towards the back just to try to stay cool - there were tons of people.  I love outdoor concerts, so this was a great little reminder of home!


Tonight is the actual F1 race, and Katy Perry is the post-race headliner.  I don't have a ticket and kind of wish that I did, but maybe next year I will splurge for all three days.  I wasn't really sure what to expect out of the F1 event, but I really liked it!  The atmosphere is great, and pretty much everyone goes, so its a lot of fun.  Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment