Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I know that last play was debatable but I don't care

Go Seahawks!!!!!

So my shipment from the US is allegedly getting delivered to my apartment at noon on Friday.  I'll believe it when I see it!  The ship was supposed to dock in Singapore this past Saturday, but I found out on Monday that my things were still in Malaysia and that I might not be able to get my things until after I came back from Austin!  Thankfully, the ship left on time, and it is supposed to dock here at 1am tonight.  Everybody cross your fingers that things go according to plan and that I finally get to sleep in my own bed at the end of this week!

Everyone tells me that they like seeing what I'm eating, so I've been diligently documenting my meals recently.  Here is a look - some of it is super boring, and some of it is Singaporean!

Katsu udon and watermelon - $9 from the basement of the Japanese mall next door

Magnum mini dark chocolate bar.  $8 for a box of 6

Overnight oats for breakfast topped with a scoop of $21 maple almond butter

Lunch in the client's cafeteria.  The employees here get 50% off, but even though I have to pay full price, this was only $3.80 including the can of Coke Zero.  

Chili crab dinner!  This is one of the foods that Singapore is most famous for.  It is overwhelmingly messy, but super delicious and great fun for a group.  Five of us had drinks, chili crab, delicious little rolls to mop up the sauce, and a large side of seafood fried rice for $230 in total.

Peanut butter jelly time

More lunch at the client's cafeteria.  They serve "economy rice", which can be found all over the place.  Basically, you get a scoop of white rice and then choose from an assortment of veggies and meats to go with.  $4.20.

Hummus and avocado on toast

And finally, I will leave you with something I find to be hilarious.  Some of you may remember that when I visited Singapore in the spring, I came across a place that sort of reminded me of home but also seemed to be making fun of America in an ironic way?  I went back recently and it was as hilarious as I remember :)

You can't tell in this picture, but the sign has one Irish flag and one Singaporean flag

Cheers mates!

Flying to the US on Sunday!!!








1 comment:

  1. My shipment is due in on Monday :) have fun unpacking!

    ReplyDelete