Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A local dinner

Monday night, while most of America was soaking up the end of summer with barbecues, I was eating dinner in Penang, Malaysia.  Some of my team members took me to a local place and we feasted!  The team ordered everything.. I was just along for the ride... here's a look at some of what we ate:

Chicken wings.. not really what I imagined when one girl asked me if I like wings

Barbecue STING RAY!  This was pretty good actually.. tasted like white fish kind of but a little firmer?

Frog stew in chili and spring onions.. I ate this over white rice.. this super tasty!

Grilled corn.. obvi

This is a grilled eggplant.. looks like a giant flat fish haha.. delicious though.. its topped with some sort of garlic and oil mixture.

Chinese peanut pancake.. kind of like a crispier crepe with a sugary filling with crushed peanuts.. Delicious!!

After dinner we stopped at a new dessert place in the mall near my hotel called BlackBall for Taiwanese (woot!) dessert.

We ordered one of the original sampler.  This is black balls, red beans, yam balls, and taro served over some sort of jelly.  Not delicious.  I tried a few bites and that was it haha.  It kind of tastes the way it looks.

And we ordered one sweet corn sampler.  This is some more jelly, fresh corn, a corn granita of sorts, and more yam balls that you can't see under the spoons.  The corn granita thing was ok, but I probably wouldn't order this on my own.  I will probably stick with bubble tea from now on :)





No comments:

Post a Comment