Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sadness

By now, many of you have probably heard the news that Justin and Stephanie were confirmed dead.  It is a hard thing to process.


I wasn't incredibly close with either one of them, but when you spend an entire year with only 23 other people, you naturally feel connected to all of them.  My year at Vanderbilt was one of the most formative years of my life - I often think of it as somewhat of a tipping point for me.  And they were there.  And now they are gone.

Shortly after I moved to Geneva, I had a quick work trip to Brussels.  I tried to meet up with Justin and Stephanie, but I think they both happened to be out of town, so we didn't manage to connect.  I loved my short stay in Belgium and vowed to go back.  I haven't.

Last year, some other MAcc friends came over to Europe for vacation and spent about a week on the continent, most of that time with Justin and Steph.  They reached out to try to coordinate some travel plans, but I had already booked some other things and didn't want to take more time off work.  So I didn't see them then either.

I know we all know this, but life is short.  I hope you guys will all keep Justin and Stephanie's families in your thoughts and prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment