Tuesday, March 22, 2016

On blooming

Hi friends.  Two posts in a row!

This morning on my way to work, I read this post from one of my favorite bloggers.  Jen wrote about how the Spring Equinox made her pause and reflect on the different seasons of life, and it was something that really made me stop and think.  About seasons, about life, about change, and about possibility.

So far in 2016, there are some resolutions that I feel like I'm really sticking to (as I eat my kale salad that I cooked at home - inspired by this salad!), and some that I am completely failing at.  For example, so far in March I have only worked out three times - with my last recorded workout being on March 3rd.  Wahhh.

Winter is the busiest time of year for me at work, and this winter has been no exception.  On top of that, there are some things going on in life that I haven't blogged about that have taken up some of my (little) time and energy.  All good things - I'm a happy camper - but it has still been a bit of a struggle to balance everything.

As we move into spring, I'm going to try to refocus my attention on more of the things that I want to accomplish this year.  In less than two weeks, I will hit a big deadline at work, and that should hopefully help clear up some more free time and head space.  The warmer weather should hopefully help make it easier to motivate myself to get up and get out for some morning runs.  The end of ski season will mean that more friends will be in town, and there will be more opportunities to travel.

I have a lot to look forward to in the coming seasons.  I'm excited to see how it all unfolds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment