Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy new year!

Per usual, I am writing my New Years post a full week and a half into the new year.  Sigh.  Better late than never right?  For the holidays, I spent two full weeks in the US, and it was bliss.  Like last year, I spent a week in Tampa before heading out to Colorado to hang out at the Frozen Tundra Chalet!  Fun times with family, friends, and delicious food.


Of course, no trip to Tampa is complete without the Yummy House's salt and pepper tofu.  This is the only thing I am sure to eat every single time I'm home, so if you don't know - now you know!


Christmas Eve at the Yummy House also featured a Dim Sum cart!

Per usual, Nancy Lin and I went to FBCTT for the Christmas Eve service.  This year's theme was "A Charlie Brown Christmas".  This is obviously not-so-traditional, and while I've kind of ended up hating the service the past couple of years, I simply can't bear to go to Christmas Eve service anywhere else.  There's just something about home (church), you know?  Though I will say that I literally recognize nearly zero faces anymore :(

Entrance to the fellowship hall.  Obviously.

We had a hot pot feast at home for Christmas dinner!  Though it was just the two of us, it was actually a great Christmas.  Hot pot is a meal that I always love most with my mom, and we hadn't had it together in years, so it was a nice little celebration meal.


The remaining days I was in Tampa after Christmas were a whirlwind of shopping, eating, and drinking.  Catching up with friends in all corners of the city, requisite re-stocking of Tide Pods etc, and returning all the online shopping rejects basically dominated my days.  Always fun to see friends (and their growing kids!) and catch up :)

Datz!!!

Of course, you must get the Bloody Mary

We take the best pictures

Temple Terrace forever

Love these girls!

Then it was off to Denver to spend a week skiing Winter Park!  After the trip, I think I have officially graduated past novice skier - woohoo!  There was plenty of snow (unlike in Europe), and the crew was so fun to hang out with, of course.  Me, Brian, and Greg drove back to Denver a night early and caught the end of the Seahawks win at a sports bar before a quick trip to REI.  The best of America!





I miss atmosphere like this

REI!

Going home is always such a nice treat.  US (doesn't it seem like longer?), the visits home are always so nice.  Christmas time is also a fun time to be in Tampa because any out-of-towners are usually home too, so it's a good chance to see everyone all at once.  I've said it before, but I am really so very thankful for the community that I grew up in.  I feel so lucky that I have so many friends that I have known since childhood.  Miss you all.  Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment