Monday, January 11, 2016

Looking ahead

More New Year's stuff, even though it is well into January already!

Of course, I made some resolutions this year, and while I won't share each and every one publicly for all the internet to see, I did want to document some of the general themes that I want to focus on in 2016.  Hopefully writing them down here in a public space will help me actually stick to them a bit better this year!

Exercise more - pretty self explanatory.  I have a few metrics in mind, and I'd also like to get back on the running train, and maybe do a spring or fall race?

Eat healthfully - generally, I am a pretty healthy eater, but this year I would also like to spend more time cooking for myself.  Cooking at home is definitely the easiest way to ensure healthy eating, since you control all the ingredients, and besides - I love to cook!  I'm hoping to also start trying out more recipes this year, since I have the tendency to fall into some ruts.

Travel - as you may recall, I was feeling a bit weary after my summer travel blitz.  In 2016, of course I want to continue to explore, but I want to do it in a more manageable way, so that I don't wear myself out.  I'd also like to make sure I'm spending more time exploring Switzerland itself!

Financial - it seems like every year, one of my goals is to be more financially disciplined.  Blah.

Learn - I've turned into a fairly voracious reader.  (People often ask me when I find the time to read - the answer: on planes!)  Between book club and my own personal leisure, I definitely read my share of easy fiction, so in 2016, I want to make sure that I read at least ten non-fiction books.

Relationships - of course, I can't forget about my loved ones.  Every year I hope that I can grow and nurture important relationships with friends, both old and new.  Even though I live far away from many of the people in my life, it's easier than ever to stay in touch with FaceTime, What's App, even regular old email!

Hope all of you are starting 2016 happy and healthy.  Best wishes in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment