Thursday, March 19, 2015

Momentum

Hi friends.  I'm blogging from my hotel room in Tallinn tonight.  I have to admit, this stretch of travel has left me completely wiped.  I don't mind coming up to Tallinn - it's just that the trip takes forever!  There are no direct flights from Geneva, so it takes quite a while.  For example, yesterday I left the office just before 5pm to head to the airport, but then I didn't arrive to my hotel in Tallinn until after midnight.  It just makes for a long day.

Actually, yesterday was extra long because I woke up early to squeeze in a 6.5 mile run with Ashley!  I have barely been hanging on to a running schedule, but I credit having good running buddies for keeping me accountable!

I actually find it motivating to try to get home as close to 7 as possible.  When you know you need to get into the office, it certainly encourages you not to walk!

Speaking of accountability, I'm riding this wave of running momentum (does one weekly run count as momentum??) and ambition, and I've signed up for the Nike Women's 15K in Paris this summer!!


I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow with enough energy to actually run before work.  You would think that staying a hotel would actually make it much easier for me to run - a treadmill in a climate-controlled environment, the office in the building connected to hotel, and no need to cook myself breakfast - but I have really struggled to workout while travelling.  (Read - I haven't done it once!)  Maybe tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment