Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunny Sunday

Hello friends and happy Sunday!  How has everyone's week been?  While it seems that most of the US is still stuck in the depths of winter snowstorms, spring seems to be creeping in here in Geneva.  Today, the sun is shining, and the forecasted high is 16 C / 61 F!

The lovely weekend weather has been a great way to end a busy week.  With just a two day trip to Tallinn this past week, the days were all very full.  I don't mind going up there, but the journey just sort of sucks.  There are no direct flights between Geneva and Tallinn, so the connections mean you end up spending about six or seven hours of travel time each way.  That's on top of the full day of work you put in, since the flights are (conveniently?) scheduled around 6pm.  Not ideal.

Above the clouds

This time, I flew through Brussels just because I love the lounge there so much.

Actually, the whole Brussels airport is quite lovely.

Homestyle Estonian food

Other than that, the week was basically the same as always.  Just lots of work.  It's going fine right now, but there is just a lot to do and a lot that is still new to me.

Yesterday, I went over to Chamonix again to ski!  I recently joined a ski club in Geneva.  They organise outings every weekend, and the trips include transportation and lessons!  Perfect for a new skier without a car like me!  This Saturday's trip was to the Le Brevent section of Chamonix.

Perfect blue skies

Amazing views

The lessons offered by the ski club are for various levels.  I had only been one other time with the ski club and had skied in level 2 during that weekend.  I thought level 2 was right where I needed to be - I felt like I learned some good tips and tricks, but I never felt like I was out of control during our runs.  Le Brevent is a bit steep, so the club wasn't offering any lessons for levels 1 or 2, so I was a little bit nervous when I ended up in level 3 this week!

A short warm up in the sunshine

I'm happy to report that level 3 was a success!  I fell a couple of times at the beginning of the day, but I'm starting to think that just might be par for the course for me.  After those first few tumbles, everything was fine, and I felt like I was keeping up with the group.  I was probably one of the weakest, if not the weakest, in our group of six, but I still felt like I did fine.  Afterwards, I asked our instructor if I should stay in level 3 next time or if I should go back to level 2, and he said that I was fine to stay in level 3!  Woohoo progress!!

The picture itself just looks glorious, right?

Lunch was tagliatelle with seafood!



Funny to me - our ski class was two Americans, two Brits, one Canadian, and one Chinese, but four of us were of Asian descent haha.

And as much as I am really enjoying skiing, I'm also happy that the weather is getting a bit nicer and that the days are getting a bit longer.  So I'm off to enjoy this lovely sunshine!!  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment