Monday, August 26, 2013

On Mondays, I wear blue

I don't think the phrase "the Monday blues" is common in America, but maybe I'm wrong?  Anyway, I had never heard of it, but a guy I work with told me he wears blue every Monday to represent the Monday blues.  So now I do too.

The trouble is, I feel as if I have the Monday blues most days of the week right now.  Well, at least Monday to Friday.  I'm not sure what is really putting me in this funk - the past couple of weeks, I've been going through an internal review.. prior to that, I was travelling for work.. prior to that, I was trying to sort through a big transition at work.. etc.

I'm hoping that my upcoming trip to the US will be a nice breather, and hopefully I'll feel like I can push "reset" and have things feeling more within my comfort zone.  I'm hoping that I will get a little bit of clarity while I'm in the US.. both on what to do now and what to do 12 months from now.  I'm also hoping that when I get back, things will be in a more "normal" state, as the work calendar progresses more towards our traditional work stream.

This woman apparently does not have the Monday blues.  She wears neon.



No comments:

Post a Comment