Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm on a boat!

Sometimes, I feel as if my life in Singapore is not real.  My current lifestyle is certainly unlike any lifestyle I had in the US, and to be honest, it probably isn't sustainable.  I don't think I'd be able to keep up with this pace of tons of work and tons of travel forever, but part of what dictates the pace is the knowledge that it is only for a limited time!

My "everyday" social life also sometimes doesn't feel real.  This past Saturday, a group of friends and I spent the afternoon on a yacht to celebrate a birthday.  I mean, really?  A yacht?  And this was my low-key weekend!


There were about 25 of us in all, and the yacht was definitely big enough for us to spread out.. and play Twister!  We sailed around the island before dropping anchor for some swimming and a cookout.


 


As we sailed back into the yacht club that night, we got to watch the fireworks display!  (National Day is this week, and the city practices the fireworks display every Saturday for like, a month.)  It was awesome.  A really great Saturday!

Tomorrow, I am flying off to Abu Dhabi for the four day weekend.  (It is the end of Ramadan and National Day.)  My friends and I have checked the travel advisories and are monitoring the news carefully, but please keep us in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment