Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Season two

Hello all.  It is my last week of work before the holidays, and I am really feeling ready for a break!  I fly home to Tampa a week from today (yay), and I can't wait.  I'll be spending the week of Christmas in Florida.  I'm looking forward to hot pot at home with Nancy Lin, salt & peper tofu at the Yummy House, a Cuban sandwich, a Publix sub, running on Bayshore Blvd, and of course, seeing as many friends as possible!

Then I'll be heading to Colorado to celebrate New Years at the Frozen Tundra Chalet with Stephanie and the gang!  This will be my fourth NYE spent with Stephanie, Lena, and Cindy (see 20142013, and 2012), and this is our first return trip to the FTC for NYE.  You may recall that last year, I had just began to learn to ski - with mild success.  This year, I'm looking forward to getting a lot better on the slopes, and I'm curious to test out my skills in Winter Park!

I've already kicked off my second season of skiing earlier this month.  The ski club that I am in does an opening trip to Zermatt every year, and since I had such a great time in Zermatt last season, I was happy to return!


We rode the bus up on Friday night, and after a late dinner, we called it a night pretty early because we wanted to wake up early to get on the lifts!  It was a beautiful day in Zermatt on Saturday, and ski buddy Becca and I spent the day cruising around the blue slopes shaking off the cobwebs.  There wasn't a ton of snow, so not all the runs and lifts were open, but it was plenty to keep us entertained for the day.



There were a few points where the visibility was not so good, but we managed to navigate through every run pretty successfully.  We even managed to make it down two reds!!


After a long day of skiing, you do shot-skis.

On Sunday, Becca and I tackled the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, which is basically skiing on a glacier.  Fun right?  The only way down from the top is a series of reds, so we were a bit nervous going into it, but we took our time and made it down without any problems!  We both actually felt like it was not at all as bad as we had anticipated.  So proud!


And after the glacier, I treated myself to a giant rosti for lunch :)

This coming weekend, I am heading over to Chamonix, France.  So far, the snow conditions don't look great, but even if there isn't much skiing to be done, I'm excited to get to look around the town a bit more!  Since Chamonix is only about an hour away from Geneva, it is a really popular place to go, but since I don't have a car, I haven't really had the chance to spend much time there, so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

Other than that, I'm basically just counting down until Florida and frantically online shopping.  The weekend can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment