Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Whirlwind

Bonjour friends!  I am blogging from the Geneva airport this morning (where they have put Movenpick ice creams in the lounge!!!), as I wait for my flight to head out to Orlando.  I was actually supposed to fly to Orlando yesterday morning, but some SERIOUS travel delays coming back from Spain derailed all that.  Suffice it to say that I have spent way more time in the Madrid airport than I ever care to again.

Actually, I've been spending a lot of time in lots of airports recently.  I've spoken about this a lot lately, but this summer has absolutely flown by in a whirlwind of work and travel.  I've got a few weeks of heavy travel left, and then I am really looking forward to a bit more downtime!

I appreciate all of you guys who reached out after reading my last post - don't get me wrong, life is great, and I feel so lucky to be at this place in life, but just like everyone else, I have things and moments in my life that are tough.  Since I wrote that post (more than two weeks ago - oops!), I really haven't made much progress in trying to stabilize my life in Geneva.  I have been all over the place - Sweden, Copenhagen, Paris with mom, and Spain - so I still have a lot of work to do.  But at least all the travel means that I have a lot to share on the blog!

Here are some pictures of my time in Sweden and Copenhagen.  I went to Alvesta to celebrate Kim and Jay's engagement, and I had a wonderful time!  Due to various administrative reasons, I had a hell of an itinerary to get there (SFO > ORD > BNA > EWR > GVA > CPH), but it was so worth it to be able to spend time with a special friend in such a fun and meaningful setting.

The party was held at the farm where Jay's parents now live

View from the outside

View from the inside!!

(fake) cousins!!

Jay's dad giving a great toast - followed by a five bottle champagne salute!

Swedish drinking songs

Staying hydrated

Crawfish!!

After a few days spent in "the real Sweden" getting to know Jay and his family and friends (who are lovely, btw), I took the train back to Copenhagen to spend a couple of days there.  To be honest, I was so completely wiped out by the time I got there, that I probably didn't enjoy the city as much as I could have, but I don't really have any regrets.  I thought the city was beautiful, and it was a great place to enjoy some time relaxing in the sunshine!








And hot dogs.  Lots of hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment