Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend in Geneva

Hi friends!  Happy weekend!  It is Sunday evening in Geneva, and it's been a great weekend for me.  More on that below, but first, let me show you some gorgeous pictures of the lovely (weekday) weather we've been having!

Lakeside run after work
 
Lunch on the patio

Still sunny at nearly 7pm.  I love the longer days!

Apparently, this is what Geneva is like in spring and summer.  Masses of people just hanging out on any grassy space, soaking up sunshine.

We saw a swan and her babies!

I've discovered an awesome salad place near my apartment.

Friday lunch in the sunshine!  Lamb kebab with pita and yogurt sauce served with couscous and romanesco cauliflower.  Berry tart for dessert!  Seriously, this is the best work cafeteria ever.

Our yoga teacher didn't show up on Friday night, so we went for rose instead.

As noted in the picture above, I had planned to go to yoga on Friday night with some girlfriends, but I guess there was a mix-up with the schedule, so nobody showed up to teach!  Lauren and I happily spent a few hours soaking up the sunshine before heading out to dinner.  

Saturday I was up early, sipping Nuun and eating peanut butter toast as I got ready for my last long run before the Geneva Half Marathon!  I did a (solo!) TEN mile run through the Geneva countryside!!  In addition to the beautiful scenery, it was a great confidence boost, as I did the whole run feeling strong and happy :)

Such a nice change from my typical lakeside runs

Mountains in the background

 

It was such a peaceful area


Vineyards - I can imagine it's gorgeous to come through here when there are leaves on the vines!

Hello!!!


The end of the route led me back through some roads into town

And then I could see the lake below!

This was the longest run I've ever done that wasn't an organised event.  I feel like I'm really hitting my stride with running (thanks to the encouragement of friends!), and I hope that I keep this up.  I was really pleased with the way my run went, and I'm looking forward to next weekend's race!  Saturday afternoon was spent running errands (while wearing my compression socks), and then on Saturday night, a group of us went out for Korean BBQ!!!

Seafood pancake is my jam

Bibimbap!

The banchan was less than impressive, but the meats were pretty good!

Funny story - we had all planned to meet up before dinner for a little cocktail hour.  I suggested we meet at Barbershop, a bar that is always packed, because it's pretty easy for everyone to get to, and it was right next to a tram stop that would take us straight to dinner.  We had planned to meet at 6:30pm since our dinner reservations were at 8.  Around 6:25, I got a text from one of my friends saying that they were at a different bar because Barbershop wasn't open yet!  Total fail on my part, but honestly, who would think that you need to check to see if a bar is open at 6:30pm on a Saturday night?!  Only in Geneva haha.

Anyway, today has been pretty low-key, as all my Sundays are :)  Some brunch, some market wandering, some hanging out on the water, some ice cream, and some coffee.  Perfection!  Have a great week my friends!

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment