Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter weekend

Hello friends!  We have a public holiday here in Geneva for Easter Monday, so I am very happy to have the day off today!  The four day Easter weekend has been exactly what I needed.  I've spent a lot of time just relaxing and catching up on life.  It has been perfect!

Thursday, as I was trying to hammer away at some last minute things at work, my friend Katie texted me to ask if I wanted to ski the next day.  I had planned to just use Friday as a total veg day, but the thought of squeezing in one last trip to the slopes was too tempting!  I had three other days to relax, right?  So Friday morning, we got on the train and headed up to Villars!

Beautiful blue skies in the morning


Katie is also a beginner skier, so it was perfect that it was just the two of us.  We cruised around the blue runs, enjoying the sunshine, until it was time for lunch!

It was warm though - we were both sweating from all our layers!


After lunch, we checked the train schedule and decided on a departure time.  As we were heading down, the weather really started to set in, and the fog was SO bad.  There were some parts where I could barely see in front of me!!

We tried to stay close behind some other skiers

But honestly, you could hardly see a thing!

At one point, I was really nervous about falling off a ledge or something because the visibility was so poor.  Luckily, I looked over the edge and saw a field of green grass about one foot down.  It is definitely becoming spring!

As we walked back through town, we both commented on how everything in town looked like springtime - we actually felt a bit silly in our ski clothes!

Me in my ski clothes standing next to a bubbling brook - no sign of snow anywhere in town!

We made our way back to Geneva, and Katie served me some delicious Thai chicken soup!

Saturday, the forecast called for rain, but I saw sunshine outside and a gap in the radar, so I headed out for a run!  I wanted to cover 8 miles, but my legs were really sore from skiing the day before, so I only ended up managing to do six.

Lakeside flowers

Lovely Geneva!

If only it would warm up just a bit more!


I spent Saturday running all of the errands I have been ignoring in the past month.  The rain did finally come, and I took that as a sign to just stay home and relax for the night!

Easter Sunday involved a lovely meal and a trip to the theater!  Colin and Katie invited me over for a late lunch of pork chops with apples and onions, roasted asparagus, and baked sweet potato.  I brought a salad with a fresh strawberry dressing that I found on Pinterest - it was all delicious!

They are on Whole30 - can you tell?

In the evening, we went to something called OperaMania.  It was a combination of opera performances and ballet performances.  Colin and Katie are big music buffs, and I obviously love the ballet, so I thought it was a good choice for us!  It was a decent set of performances - something different, for sure!

That's all for now friends.  I am hoping to have an easy week ahead.  Lots of catching up to do at work, but hopefully nothing too stressful.  Hope you all have a great Monday!

Seen on my run today - the beach (Baby Plage) with snow-capped mountains in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment