Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Chinese New Year Cleanse

Hi friends and happy Chinese New Year!  This year, the Lunar New Year was a bit earlier than last year, and incidentally, it falls right before a big work deadline.  So instead of going away to Phuket, I rang in the Year of the Horse here in Singapore.

Since most of my friends took advantage of the long weekend to travel, I decided that the three day weekend would be perfect for a three day juice cleanse.  I reasoned that with many of my friends away, it would be a good chance to have a low-key weekend of detox.  What I didn't think about was that, as part of preparing your body for the cleanse, you are meant to give up things like sugar, caffeine, and alcohol in the days leading up to the cleanse.  No coffee during January?!!  ... Not the most well thought out plan ...


Anyway, my juices arrived at my apartment on Thursday evening, so I've had nothing but juice and water since then.  Each day I get six juices - four vegetable juices, one lighter juice like coconut water or spicy lemonade, and one cashew nut milk.  I haven't really been hungry, but I have definitely missed eating food.  I know that a lot of my food habits and cravings are mental, so it's nice to sometimes be reminded that I won't die if I don't have exactly what I want haha.  Today is the last day of my cleanse, and I'm feeling good, but with a bit less energy.

Every morning starts out with this green one

Obviously, the carrot one was my favorite

Not being able to eat or drink anything basically restricted me to being a hermit for the weekend, although a friend and I did go and check out a museum earlier today.  Other than that, this weekend has been a lot of administrative stuff - work, laundry, scheduling appointments, etc, and a lot of Netflix and reading.  Not a terrible way to spend the weekend, but I'm ready to get back to normal life.

The other thing I'm ready for?  The Super Bowl!!!  GO SEAHAWKS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment