Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lately

Lately I've been feeling at a bit of a crossroads.  I tweeted the other day "My life is awesome and a total mess all at the same time."

As you might be able to tell from this blog, my personal life is an absolute blast right now.  I am having an incredible experience being able to travel so much.  I love my group of friends that I've made in Singapore and feel so lucky to always have fun people to go do fun things with.  Life is really good these days.

But on the other hand, there are a lot of things weighing on my mind that are giving me anxiety.  My professional experience here hasn't been quite the same amount of awesome as my personal experience.  As someone who absolutely loved her job in the US, it's hard to no longer be so lucky.  Don't get me wrong - work is generally fine, but it is tough, and there are a lot of differences that I'm still having trouble adjusting to, even as I approach the one year mark.  Some of it is me, I realize that, and some of it is Singapore, and some of it is random things specific to my situation.  But I haven't really figured out how to comfortably navigate through all of that.  But maybe that is the point?  To be a bit uncomfortable?

Also, I've alluded to this a bit before, but I feel like some big decisions are coming up for me, and I literally change my mind every other day.  I've often felt that when there are too many options available, I panic a little bit and let indecision paralyze me.  I'm hoping that doors will open and close in such a way that the right thing will be clear to me.  That method has worked well for me in the past, but I also want to be mindful of the fact that inaction is also a decision.

Heavy stuff.  Just thought I should be transparent about what's going on in my head these days.  It's not all vacations and fun ;)  Although I do have some great vacations and fun coming up.  In the meantime, if anyone has any advice or insight to share, please do.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment