Monday, January 21, 2013

Puzzled


Happy Monday.  Quite a few things have been happening over the past few days that have me feeling very puzzled.  It's weird when certain things that you take for granted aren't always what they seem.  Can you believe that we will have a Harbaugh Super Bowl? I am in shock. I hate Mondays.

This past weekend was a lot of rain, but it was actually kind of cozy, which is definitely unusual for Singapore.  Aside from the usual activities of work, yoga, and friends, I spent some time reading, so I was able to finish The Lemon Tree.  Guys - this was a great book, and I learned so much from it.  Highly recommended!  The Middle East is fascinating to me right  now. Between Argo, The Lemon Tree, and a trip to Abu Dhabi later this year, I am all over it.  (Does it say something about me that my global curiosity is driven by media?)  I know I've said this on the blog before, but I am constantly amazed at how little I know about the rest of the world.   

A rainy Sunday morning.  Latte and literature.

In this part of the world, the notable thing right now is that Chinese New Year starts in just a few weeks, and everyone is gearing up.  We've been eating lots of pineapple tarts at work (apparently there are different kinds!), and Chinatown has been decked out since Christmas was over.  I strolled through there after dinner last night, and it was totally packed!!  (Side note - I have a fun Chinatown game to play with any visitors who come!) 

Beginning of the street market

Red packets!


Random fruits.. not really sure what they are
 

The street is all lit up with these things!

Hilarious.

Aside from that, life is pretty standard.  Lots of work.  Lots of green breakfasts.  Lots of boring lunches.  Although, I guess a boring lunch in Singapore is different than a boring lunch in America.

Avocado toast with a side of kiwi

Spinach smoothie!

Economy rice for lunch

Man.. I really like to take pictures portrait style.. anyway.. hope all you have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment