Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pushing my luck?

Hi friends.  As I'm sure many of you know, I'm smack in the middle of my busiest time of year at work.  I've tried to be fairly honest about how work has been going for me since I got here (without complaining), so I thought I'd share a little update with you.

I don't want to jinx myself, but the truth is - things are going pretty smoothly right now!  Perhaps I have finally hit my stride with expectations, communication, etc, but I am shocked to tell you all that I'm doing okay.  Maybe all the stress and hard work that we put in during the fall is paying off now that it is January?  Or maybe there is a gigantic bomb that is lurking under the surface that is about to blow up in my face.  Or maybe I just imagined that it would be way worse than it actually is right now.  Either way, I thought you'd all be happy to know that I'm pleasantly surprised at how things have unfolded for the past week or so at work.

Other things that have been making me happy lately...
- I had a Sunday fun day!  I met up with some friends at 9am to watch the NFL playoffs, and while I wasn't too happy about the results, it was a great day.
- The return of The Mindy Project!
- Apparently, nectarines are in season in South Africa?  I picked up a bunch for only $5 this week!

And finally.. a funny picture.  This was displayed in my taxi the other day.. I guess it shows how many people can ride?  But this just doesn't seem realistic to me...


No comments:

Post a Comment