Thursday, October 29, 2015

Weekend in Milan

Hello all!  I'm back in Tallinn this week for the first time since March.  It's nice to be here again, but it is definitely getting very cold already up here.  I had to go a little light on my packing because I am flying to London on Friday for the NFL game at Wembley this weekend, so I needed to make sure I had enough space in my bag for Seahawks gear :)

Anyway.  Last night was the first time I had been on a plane in a month!  That's not to say that I have been home all the time though.  Earlier in October, I took the train down to Milan for a long weekend.  We saw a Dave Matthews Band concert (my first one in about a decade), did some sightseeing, and went to the Expo.  After quite a few weeks of grey skies in Geneva, it felt good to be in the sunshine once again!

Dinner on the train







This was one of only two Italian meals that we ate :)

Crowded metro on our way to the concert





The DMB concert was a really good show - it's amazing how ageless he is.  What was interesting was how different of an experience this was compared to all the other Dave shows I've been to.  I haven't been to see him in years, but I used to go pretty much every summer.  Back then, it was always an outdoor show during the Florida summer - complete with plenty of tailgating and rain.  This time, the event was so incredibly civilized.  We sat in our seats the entire time!  I guess I'm getting old haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment