Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The choices we make

Hi friends!

As I mentioned in my weekend recap, my friend Leslie is in town for a visit!  Leslie and I were co-workers at my first job out of college, and we have stayed in touch ever since.  She's the only friend that I've had come visit me in both Nashville and Singapore, so even though we don't see each other often, it is always fun to catch up.

One thing she mentioned over the weekend really got me thinking - she said something about how much I've changed and how people back at my old company are all surprised to hear about what I'm doing these days.  It's funny, because obviously, I know that I am a lot different now than I was when I left college.  My job is different, my lifestyle is different, and I live on a different continent.

Do you ever feel like you can pinpoint the tipping point in your life?  Like, is there a critical juncture for you that basically shifted everything?  I feel like I can point to an exact choice that I made that put me on this path.  Of course the path continues on, and there are other forks in the road, so to speak.  But it's weird to look back and think of that spot in your life that changed it all.  And it's even weirder to look ahead and wonder if another spot like that is coming up?

2 comments:

  1. the day you dropped the letter in the mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually drop it in the mailbox, remember?? I had a freak out and ran back to the mail room and took the letter out! Then had to hand deliver it!

      Delete