Thursday, April 10, 2014

On Thursdays, we drink juice

Happy Thursday friends.  I am nearing the end of my day, and I wanted to fill you all in on something I've been doing for the past few Thursdays.


Juice!  You may recall that I did a three day cleanse earlier this year.  Well, lately I've been doing something a bit less drastic.  For the past three weeks, I've been doing a one day cleanse every Thursday.  I get six juices delivered to my apartment on Wednesday night, and then I tote some juice to work on Thursday.


Just like the three day cleanse, I get four vegetable juices, a lighter juice (spicy lemonade!), and a "liquid dessert" of cashew milk with vanilla and cinnamon.  The idea behind doing a one day cleanse is to do five days of healthy eating, one day of juice cleanse, and one day of cheat eating.  Sounds pretty do-able right?


I know you're wondering why I'm doing this!  There are tons of articles about why juice cleanses are effective, and there are equally as many articles about why they are bad for you.  One of my co-workers asked me "does doing it for only one day really work?"  To which I answered "well it depends on what you mean by work!"

For me, the best part of doing a juice cleanse is that it resets my body and appetite to focus on healthy, fresh foods.  Very often in Singapore, I find myself eating foods that are covered in oil, salt, and MSG.  So it's good to be reminded of how good it feels to eat healthy!  I don't know how much I buy the notion that drinking nothing but juice will somehow rid your body of toxins and make your skin glow, but I know that I feel a lot better when I'm eating well, so I use juice cleansing to reset myself into eating better and thus, feeling better!

Singapore friends - I use Rejuicenate for my juice cleanses!  The one day cleanse isn't advertised on their site, but the chef/owner is awesome and super flexible (and a friend of a friend).  I just emailed to ask, and he let me pick my own customized one day cleanse containing my favorite juices.  I would definitely recommend it if you are interested in trying a juice cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment