Sunday, April 6, 2014

All over

Hello all!  How is everyone's weekend going?  I've been randomly very busy this weekend - I'm playing host to a visiting friend!!  She's in town for a few weeks, so we are definitely not in any rush to get around town, but we've actually managed to see quite a bit in just two days... especially considering that it was raining all day on Saturday!

Friday night after work, I met Leslie at her hotel and we caught up for a while before heading over to her inaugural experience at Din Tai Fung.  Jet lag and a week of work settled in pretty quickly, so we called it an early night on Friday.

So delicious.

I had plans to go to back to Yin Yoga with a friend on Saturday morning, but it was pouring down rain!  I actually was woken up by thunder early Saturday morning, and I remember thinking that I was happy that the rain would be over and done with by the time I was really ready to get up and get the day started.  Not so much.. it ended up raining all day, which totally sucked.  I usually just walk to yoga, but I was in no mood to walk for a mile in the rain, so I skipped class and just did my own workout at home before heading out with Leslie.  I showed her how to get to her office on the train, and then we went for foot reflexology (!!) and Singapore Slings at the Long Bar.


Sunday morning was gorgeous, so I took the opportunity to go for a run!



I just like these blooms

Leslie and I ended up walking around and shopping for some cheap souvenirs in Chinatown before heading over to Orchard for some more sightseeing and lunch.


We did the obligatory trip to the top of Marina Bay Sands for the sangria and the sights.




Sunday afternoon, I went to the St Regis hotel for one of my favorite things - high tea!!  We were celebrating a friend's 30th birthday, and it was really lovely.  A great selection of scones and sweets, and a fun group too!  I just love going to high tea.

Dessert table!

Pumpkin soup, egg custard, quiche, and tea sandwiches

It's been quite the indulgent weekend, and I'm definitely happy to be relaxing on my sofa at home right now.  The weekends always fly by way too quickly, and it definitely goes by much faster when you are busy!  I'm sad that Monday is just around the corner, but hopefully this week is relatively quiet.  Hope you are all are having a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment