Thursday, March 13, 2014

World Sleep Day

Hello all!  It is almost Friday!!  Did you know that this Friday is World Sleep Day?  It is one of the many things I learned on the internet this week!

(Among things that I did not learn on the internet this week... how to find a plane...)

Anyway, I'm always trying to figure out how to feel more rested.  It seems that I am constantly tired.  I actually had coffee with a new friend this afternoon who has just relocated to Singapore within the past few months, and she was mentioning that she feels like she is a lot more exhausted in Singapore than she ever was back in London.  So it's not just me!!

Some of you may recall that I've mentioned using the Sleep Cycle iPhone app before.  I have still been using it off and on, but I also recently picked up a new FitBit which also tracks my sleep.  I thought it would be interesting to see how the two match up?

Sleep Cycle

FitBit

So I guess it would make sense that both devices register the points at which I got restless during the night.  Sleep Cycle's "sleep quality" score of 88% seems like it is a pretty good night of sleep, but then when I look at FitBit's stats indicating that I was restless 16 times during the night, it doesn't seem so great.  I will say that I had a terrible time getting up this morning.  I actually ended up snoozing a bit longer after I shut off both of these apps!!  I'm blaming residual jet lag for now, but hopefully I will get a better night's rest tonight in honor of World Sleep Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment