Sunday, March 30, 2014

#OnWisconsin

Happy Sunday folks.. I've had a lovely weekend thus far, and I am very happy to report that both Florida and Wisconsin are in my Final Four.  After Duke's early loss, I thought I was done, but it seems that I may be back in the running now!

Speaking of the final four, I am rapidly approaching my final four months in Singapore... it is CRAZY how quickly time goes by.

This weekend has been nice - I've got a few busy ones coming up, so it was really nice to be able to spend some time relaxing in Singapore!  Friday night, I went to a friend's house for a poolside BBQ.


Side note - one of the appetizers she served was cheese and pineapple.. apparently this was all the rage during the 1970s in England?  Guess it never really made it's way to America...

Saturday morning I hit the yoga studio with a friend.  She suggested a Yin class - I usually go for Vinyasa style classes, but I was SO glad that I tried something new this week.  Yin is a very intense stretching class.  You hold the poses for up to five minutes at a time.  I've been spending more time trying to run and climb stairs, so some deep stretching was just what I needed.  I will definitely be returning to this class!

That afternoon, I had plans with friends to pack a picnic and go to a concert at the Botanic Gardens!  After more than a year and a half of living in Singapore, it was my first time to the Botanic Gardens, but unfortunately, we were a bit delinquent in getting to the concert, and all the music was already over by the time we showed up haha.  Oops!

The rest of the weekend has been fairly mundane, but I've been happy to have a quiet one, although I am super sad to have missed the Vandy MAcc five-year reunion in Nashville this weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment