Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Start of a new schedule

So have you noticed lately that all my posts are either about vacations or work travel?  And how none of my posts have really talked about exercise at all?  Not a coincidence!  My workout routine has taken a serious break, and that is not good!  I've also got the Auckland half marathon coming up in early November, so I need to get back into running.

The other day, I sat down and looked at my upcoming travel schedule and then plotted out a training plan.  My schedule is pretty hectic for the next couple of months, but hopefully, putting it all to paper will help me stay no track!  So far, I'm off to a good start - I did 3 miles on the hotel treadmill this morning.  I'm scheduled to do two more weekday runs of 3 miles each this week, and then I'm planning to take the weekend off.  I am in Bangkok this weekend - I don't think my hotel will have a gym, and Southeast Asia is not always the safest / easiest to just "go out for a run".  So I'm hoping to log just 9 miles this week.  A feasible goal.. I'll let you know how I hold up :)

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment