Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back to back

Hello friends.. I feel like I've been slacking a bit lately with my blog.  Things have been busy!  July has absolutely flown by so far.  After hosting friends for a week, I was in India for a couple of days for work and hosting a co-worker from the US.  Right after that, I headed up to Malaysia for work for a quick two day trip.  I got back from Malaysia around 11 on Thursday night, and then Friday after work, I headed off to Borneo with some friends for the weekend!

Borneo is actually an island that includes three different countries - Malaysia, Indonesia, and Brunei.  We went to Kuching, which is in the Malaysia part of the island.  (I am racking up quite a few Malaysia stamps in my passport!)  The hotel we stayed at had a really great pool and a lovely view of the beach.  The scenery was actually quite lovely, as there was some jungle-y areas very nearby as well.



We spent all day Saturday sunning ourselves and relaxing by the pool.  Sometimes it just feels really nice to have a vacation with zero sight-seeing, so that all you can do is just relax and hang out with friends!  Sunshine and beautiful views help too.





Sunday, we got up early to have some breakfast before heading out to do some "jungle trekking".  One of the girls in our group had been to this area of Borneo before, so when she said that the jungle trekking wasn't too strenuous and could easily be done in flip flops, I took her word for it!  (Not a good idea, as my Havianas came apart about four times along the way!)





The trek was a good route, but I kind of hated it just because of my shoes.  I couldn't step where I wanted to step, and I was sliding all over the place.  Lesson learned!!  After a shower and a massage, it was time to check out and head to the airport.

I got back about an hour ago, and I've just finished packing my suitcase to fly back up to Malaysia tomorrow morning.  I'll be in Penang until Thursday night, and then Friday night, I'm heading off to Bangkok for the weekend!  Back to back travel keeps things fun, but it sure is hectic!

No comments:

Post a Comment