Sunday, June 23, 2013

Quick change!

This post is going to be a bit disjointed, but basically, I want to talk about how quickly things can change!  After an absolutely awful few days last week, this weekend was almost normal!  The PSI is back in the "unhealthy" and "moderate" range due to some good winds on Saturday.  I'm hoping it stays this way, but you just never know.  However, I did finally find a shop that had an N95 mask!  Better safe than sorry..

Friday

Saturday

The other thing that has quickly changed are my plans for next weekend!  As some of you may already know, a group of friends from the US are coming to Asia to visit!  We had originally planned to spend a couple days in Singapore, do a day trip to Indonesia, and then head off to Vietnam for about a week.  Well, as the haze was choking me, the group decided that it might be better to make alternative plans.  Although it is entirely possible that everything is fine in Singapore next weekend, I think it would be awful to fly all the way to Asia only to be stuck in the haze and miserable.  So we evaluated our options, called around, and now we will be going to Phuket next weekend!  Coincidentally, a couple of my friends are also going to be in Phuket, so we will have a good crowd to hang with!  Exciting stuff :)

Now onto some less exciting stuff... this week and weekend were pretty quiet for me.  This was partially by design, as I want to be well rested when my friends arrive, but it was also partially by force due to the haze.  I spent the week trying to be indoors at all times, and I've spent most of the weekend reading and catching up on random stuff around my massive apartment.  Here are some random pictures from the past few days!

Taiwanese style pineapple cake for mid afternoon snack

Cebu Pacific playing cards in action!

Wednesday

Saturday

Raspberry almond scone

Groceries.. finally!

Nothing too exciting on the calendar for this week.. I can't wait for next weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment