Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The rest of April

I know I've been dialing it in here on the blog.  My last proper post was nearly a month ago!  So much has happened since then.  I feel a bit silly going so far back in time, but here's a quick rundown on what happened in the second half of April 2016!

When we last left off, I was headed to Val Thorens for my final ski weekend of the season.  I have to say, it was a great way to cap it all off.  I had a lovely day of spring skiing with ski buddy Becca, and my ankle didn't really bother me at all!

We stayed in a Club Med, which had this silly art display in the entrance




It was my first time in a Club Med, and I have to say - it reminded me of a cruise ship.  Just without the ocean.  The food was delicious, and we had a great time, but I was glad I was there with a large group of friends so that we could keep ourselves entertained, rather than relying on the Club Med entertainment haha.

Later in the month, I took a random one day trip to London - basically to just have dinner with Brian haha.  He was in town for work, but our schedules didn't line up to meet for a weekend, so a random Wednesday dinner with the old Singapore crew was had!  It was so lovely to see him and Gareth and Rachel - I miss our Singapore days!

Gareth always creepin in the background

In April, I also tried to get back on the healthy living wagon.  After having spent months putting work first, followed by a fairly indulgent time in America, I needed to get some vegetables and exercise into my system!!

I eat lots of bowls of food - this is beets, avocado, cucumbers, feta, and red onions with salad greens. 

Inspired by a dish I had in New York - scrambled eggs, avocado, baby kale, and hot sauce!

Lakeside running

And to close out the month, I took a quick trip over to Zurich to see this lovely ladies guild!  Cassie hosted a fiesta at her flat, and we had a great time catching up, eating chips, and dancing in the kitchen :)



No comments:

Post a Comment