Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Weekend in London

Hello all!  In continuing with my theme of "weekend in" posts lately, I thought I'd share a bit about my trip to London this past weekend.  The original purpose of the trip was to watch the Kansas City Chiefs and the Detroit Lions play at Wembley.  I don't feel any particular affiliation for either of these two teams, but when the season was announced, I thought that this would be the most competitive match up in London.  I was wrong :(

The game itself was not too exciting since it was a total blowout, but I had a great time enjoying the NFL atmosphere, tailgating with friends, and eating an enormous hot dog.

Is it me or am I wearing too much blush?
 
We saw this lion being interviewed by CNN and I thought it was hilarious.

These two dogs were 25 freaking pounds!

We actually ended up selling the tickets I bought because Zach and Courtney were able to get us some amazing seats


Wembley at night!

Other highlights of the weekend included a reunion with some of my favorite British peeps, watching the Rugby World Cup finals, and some random London strolling.  Sadly, I didn't get a chance to visit Borough Market, but I still managed to eat some tasty treats!  London remains one of my favorite cities to visit, and I can't wait to return!


Chipotle!


DISHOOM YA'LL (if you are confused, please ask Katie)

This entailed quite the effort, but we were finally successful!

Back in Geneva, it is a tough time of year.  The skies are grey, and the weather is cold, but there isn't any snow, so there is no skiing yet!  I did sign up for my first ski weekend of the year with the ski club, and I'm looking forward to/nervous to get back on the slopes in Zermatt this December!

Work is also picking up quite a bit these days, and my travel is pretty steady right now - although luckily, it is primarily within Switzerland these days.  I'm also starting to slowly transition onto a new project, so I'm working on figuring out how to balance it all now.

Just to give you guys a little perspective, the two pictures below were taken within ten minutes of each other at the end of my flight back from London yesterday morning.  Above the clouds, we see beautiful blue skies, and as soon as we drop below the clouds, it is just blahhhhhh.  Have a good week everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment