Thursday, August 13, 2015

A great surprise

Don't you just love when the universe surprises you?  While I was in Edinburgh, I posted a picture on Instagram that tagged #Edinburgh.  My friend Elise - that I grew up with and I absolutely adore - messaged me saying that she and her mom and sister - who I also absolutely adore - were going on a family vacation to Ireland the next day!  I messaged back that I was going to be in Belfast (which is in Northern Ireland, which is actually a separate country than Ireland) on Monday for a few days for work.  Elise wrote back that they were actually planning to be in Belfast on Tuesday!!

Excitement ensued, and we sorted out details of how we could meet up.  So that Tuesday, I left work a little bit early to meet up with Elise, Megan, and Chib.  It was the best surprise coincidence!  We drove out to Giant's Causeway, which is fabled to have been the pathway that giants used to cross between Scotland and Northern Ireland when they didn't want their feet to get wet.  I had actually never even heard of Giant's Causeway before, but I am so glad I went!  It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is an amazing geological arrangement (who would've ever thought I would write that sentence!) along the water.  The scenery was absolutely stunning, and it was so great to be able to spend time with old friends!























No comments:

Post a Comment