Monday, January 26, 2015

A French weekend

Bonjour all!  How is your weekend going?  Mine has been very French!

Friday, we had a team lunch at work as a send-off for one of our co-workers who is going onto another project.  We went to a French restaurant close to the office.

We shared some escargot as an appetizer.

And I had frog legs for my main course!

Friday night, Bo and Ashley hosted dinner at their place.

 
I brought some cheeses to snack on, including this one!  Ail des ours literally means "bear garlic", so I was really intrigued when I saw this in the grocery store.  It was tasty!!

Dinner was a delicious beef bourguignon!!

Saturday, we headed over to France again.  I had purchased a ski lesson on BuyClub, which is Geneva's version of Groupon, so I was eager for my first European ski day!


It was a bit overcast, but it was a fun day!  We had just enough time to pick up our rental equipment and have lunch in Chamonix before the lesson, which was a success!  I brushed up on the skills I learned in Colorado, so it was a good confidence booster :)



Today, as usual, was spent relaxing and catching up with all things life and work.  I can't believe we are heading into the last week of January.  Time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment