Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Some running updates

After I declared that I was going to re-commit myself to running, I totally fell off the wagon.  (Typical!!)  After a random morning run with my friend Ashley, I had sent her a casual email titled "turkey trot?" asking if she wanted run on Thanksgiving morning.  Ashley ended up organizing a mini-event!

Three people in this picture are from Tampa!

After my whirlwind of Poland, Germany, Estonia, Germany, Switzerland, the last thing I actually wanted to do on Thanksgiving morning was get up and go running.  But that is what accountability is for!  I dragged myself out to meet everyone, and we did a nice little 5K together in the morning.

The next time I put on my running shoes was just this past weekend.. about ten days later!!  I ran in the Course de l'Escalade here in Geneva this past Saturday.  The race was through the Old Town of Geneva, and it was a huge event!  Over 38,000 runners participated in the various races (they are grouped by gender and by age).

These guys were supposed to not let the front of the pack go out too fast?  I didn't really understand.

At the start of the race!

My race was a bit blah, but it has definitely proven to me that I need to be running more often!  Hopefully the cold weather won't keep me indoors too much, but I've also been on the hunt for some more cold weather running gear!  If you have any recommendations, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment