Wednesday, September 17, 2014

And we're back!!

Bonjour all!!  Remember me?  I know that it has been a while, but here I am again!  The past month has been crazy, so I apologize for my lack of recent updates, but I've had a lot going on.  In case you missed it, after flying out of Singapore on 2 August, I:

- spent approximately 12 hours in Tampa (thanks Leslie!!)
- went to San Diego for a week (work)
- spent a (short) weekend in Seattle with family (Seahawks!)
- was in Tampa for a few days (and finally met little Jason)
- went to Nashville (and marveled at how different everything is)
- went back to Tampa (and attended my first baby sprinkle)
- went to Peru
- did the Inca Trail!! (epic)
- went back to Tampa (and panicked)
- moved to Switzerland (with three very full suitcases)

Whew!

So obviously, a lot has happened.  I guess I'm still not really sure how to go about catching up on all this here on this blog?  I guess for this post, I will try to just address the questions that I get most commonly for now.

Are you going to have a new blog?
I'm planning to keep blogging right here in this space. I have given some thought to changing the title of the blog that you see in the header, but I just haven't had time to figure that out yet.

How was the trip to Peru?
Incredible.  It was my first time to South America, and it was all so fantastic. I did a few days in Lima, a few days in Cusco, and the Camino Inka. I will do a full recap of the Peru trip in the coming days, but suffice it to say that it was such an awesome time!!  There were a few hiccups here and there, but I think that we all had a really nice time.

Why Geneva?  How long are you going to be there?
I moved here for (another great!) work opportunity.  Similar to my experience in Singapore, my contract in Geneva is for two years.

How is it going so far?
So far, so good!  I arrived on 4 September, so it's been just about a week and a half.  I am currently living in temporary housing, but I've found an apartment that I will be moving into at the end of this month!  It has an oven!  And a dishwasher!!

Ok, so that's what's been going on with me lately.  More updates soon, I promise!  I've got a massive backlog of photos and words to share!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment