Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Two days in and two days out

Hello friends! I've spent the last two days at home in Tampa, and now I'm waiting for my (delayed) flight to go spend two days in Nashville! So far, my time back in America has been really enjoyable. Usually, I have breakfast, lunch, coffee, dinner, and drinks dates all over town since I try to see as many people and hit up as many favorite spots as possible, but this time is a bit different! I had only arranged one lunch date in advance of this trip, and I have to say - I've really enjoyed having less of a schedule and just taking time to get things done!

Some things that I noticed after this first week of no longer living in Asia:

1.  I might be a bad tipper? I went to lunch with two girlfriends, and we all paid separately. But I left the smallest tip!! This is particularly hilarious/embarrassing for me since I was a server for such a long time!

2.  I crave super simple foods. My first meal back in America was at Panera Bread lol.  For some reason, an easy salad and sandwich sounded perfect to me. 

3.  Radio stations are boring. I listened to the same 10 songs over and over in my rental car. 

4.  Online shopping can really be hit or miss.  Per usual, I ordered a ton of stuff online and was really excited to get home and try it all on! Unfortunately, tons of it just didn't look great once I put it in, and I would guess that I ended up returning about 70 percent of what I had ordered. 

5.  I hate buying suits. I think they are ugly, and they are expensive! Lose-lose. 

6.  I am still gravitating towards summer clothes. After two years of basically never wearing pants or anything with long sleeves, it's a hard habit to break!

7.  I still love Tampa. In my first hour back in town, I randomly ran into an old friend from high school in the grocery store parking lot. 

8.  I still should not be allowed to have cable TV. Real Housewives and Teen Mom update shows are distracting me from the copies of Fortune, The New Yorker, and The Economist that I bought lol. 

One other random note - I'm looking for navy blue heels for work.  Either pumps or wedges, closed toe, and not sky high. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment