Saturday, September 14, 2013

Headed home for the weekend!

Hello friends.. after a few great days in Chicago, I'm currently sitting in the United Club at O'Hare awaiting my flight home to Tampa!  The past few days were pretty productive at work, and I always love coming to Chicago, but I am definitely looking forward to a weekend spent at home.

In case you're curious, here are a few random thoughts on my return to America:

- the first thing I bought was a pumpkin spice latte
- I think my taxi driver hustled me
- the arrival process at O'Hare has improved dramatically.. I was able to get through immigration, get my bag, go through customs, and get into a taxi in about half an hour!
- the W at Chicago City Center is not as nice as I had hoped... the rooms are old and tiny :(
- the cafeteria at the Chicago office is fantastic.. when I return to Singapore, I'll be working at a client site where the cafeteria is the only option.. and the variety is not very good..
- in Asia, McDonald's offers wings.. I always thought it was because dark meat chicken is actually preferred over white meat chicken in Asia.. imagine my surprise to see wings at McDonald's in the US!
- I almost forgot to take my trash with me when I was eating lunch one day
- I loved being able to watch Sportscenter while getting ready for work in the mornings

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Tampa, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment