Saturday, March 2, 2013

March

So time has really been flying by - I can't believe it's already March!  This month, the thing that I am looking forward to the most is my home leave back to the US!!  I will be in five cities over two weeks, so things will be pretty packed, but I couldn't be more excited.

I've started making a list of the things that I want to buy while I'm back home, and I'll be bringing an extra suitcase to hold all of my purchases!  I've also started ordering some things online and having them shipped home so that they will be waiting for me when I arrive!  I can't wait.

Until then, I've got a couple of weeks of work to plow through.  Things have been a bit calmer, but I have a feeling that after I get back from the US, it will be a bit hectic, so I'm trying to enjoy this reprieve while I have it.  Here is a look at some random things I ate this week:

Ramen!!  A set meal (that is what they call a combo here) with a mini ramen, two side dishes (I chose tofu and dumplings), a little Japanese salad, and a green tea was S$18.

Oatmeal with blueberries, which were on sale for S$5.99 ha

I never ate Subway back home, but I think I will probably have it for lunch again today!  S$7.10 for a six inch turkey sub and a bag of Doritos.


They sell these little "pancakes" at some soy bean treat places.  Obviously, this doesn't look like any pancake I know from the US, but it's still pretty tasty!  S$1.20 for a chocolate filled one :)

Last night after work, I went to happy hour with some friends at a place called Club Street Social.  I loved it!!  It had a very American vibe to it, and the staff was incredibly competent and engaging, which sadly, is a prized rarity these days.  Afterwards, we had dinner at a fusion taco place called Pistola - also wonderful, if a bit over-priced!  I was in bed early because I knew I wanted to get up and run this morning!  Instead of going my usual route along the river, I went running through the city.




I've been doing a lot of yoga lately, as you may have noticed, but I recently signed up for a 10K, so I need to get back on the running wagon!  I did three miles without any difficulty, but I definitely didn't feel as great as I wish I did.  Oh well, hopefully soon I will get back into the groove.

And with that, I'm off to tackle the weekend.. hope you guys have a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment