Sunday, July 20, 2014

Farewell tour

Hi everyone!  Sorry for the lack of posts over the past couple of weeks.. in addition to trying to manage all the things that go with a big move, I've been trying to wrap up some things at work and enjoy my last few weeks in Singapore.

It's been a lot of fun.   I've been trying to hit up all my favorite places and spend lots of time with my favorite people.  It's definitely very bittersweet.  To be honest, I'm sad to leave Singapore, but I'm ready.  I'm excited for the next step, but I have had such a great experience in the past two years that I'm looking back with some sadness to know that it is coming to an end.  I've still got a lot of fun things to look forward to from now until the time I leave, so more good times ahead!

Chili crab

Going away party

Going away party
 
Brunch-ing

Lovely Singapore

I finally rode the cable car!! 

Bastille Day tasting dinner at Keppel Bay

Lovely Singapore

Beers with the work peeps

Spicy pork rib ramen!

A picnic in the park with Ballet Under the Stars at Fort Canning

Finally made it to Tim Ho Wan

BBQ pork bun!

Yummy

There are actually a few of us from work that all moved over around the same time, so we are all trickling out over the next few weeks.  It's a really strange feeling - there are people who have been a very constant part of my life over the last two years that I may never see again!  Although, I doubt it will be never.. but it's a strange feeling not knowing when our paths may cross next.

Luckily, I think one of the outcomes of this experience is it changes your mindset about travel and what is a feasible distance.  So although some of us may be living continents apart, I'm hopeful that it won't feel quite as far away as it may seem.  Technology helps too obviously!

My last day of work is the 31st, and then I fly out of Singapore early in the morning on August 2nd.  Less than two weeks to go!  I know it will fly by very quickly, so I'm off to go enjoy some more Singapore while I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment